Carnival UK is committed to providing a high-quality service to everyone we deal with. In order to do this we need you to give us any comments about our service, and to tell us when we get things wrong. We want to help you resolve your complaint as quickly as possible.
We treat as a complaint any expression of dissatisfaction with our service which calls for a response. We listen to your complaints, treat them seriously, and learn from them so that we can continuously improve our service.
How we handle complaints
- We treat all complaints seriously, whether they are made by letter or by email
- You will be treated with courtesy and fairness at all times
- We will treat your complaint in confidence within the department
- We will deal with your complaint promptly – we will acknowledge receipt of a written complaint within 5 working days and we will send you a full reply within 30 working days of receipt
- If we cannot send a full reply within 30 working days of receipt we will tell you the reason why and let you know when we will be able to reply in full
How to make a complaint
You can make a complaint by email or post. You can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to People Services Department, Carnival UK, Carnival House, 100 Harbour Parade, Southampton, SO15 1ST.
We have a 2-stage complaints procedure. At each stage it will help us to resolve your complaint quickly if you can give us as much clear detail as possible, including any documents and correspondence and stating that you are making a complaint in line with our procedure.
The stages of the complaints procedure
This is the first opportunity for the department to resolve a complainant’s dissatisfaction, and the majority of complaints will be resolved at this stage. In the first instance, we will try to get your complaint resolved by the Manager of the area or team against whom the complaint has been made.
If you are dissatisfied with this response you may request a review by the director of the relevant team or unit. Your request should be sent to the People Services team at the address given above, who will forward your request to the director of the relevant team for review.
At each stage, please send your complaint or request for review to the People Services team.
If you remain dissatisfied
If having followed the 2 stages of our complaints procedure you still remain dissatisfied, please note your right to contact the MCA directly: email@example.com, and have your complaint reviewed by someone who does not work for Carnival UK.